On this second day of the Regular Session, Governor Asa Hutchinson addressed the General Assembly and outlined his legislative goals for this session.
He said he will be asking the General Assembly to affirm the current health emergency order and direct federal COVID-19 relief funds for vaccine distribution.
The Governor’s legislative agenda also includes the following:
· Increase teacher pay by $2,000 over the next 2 years
· Reduce the used car sales tax
· Reduce income tax for new Arkansas residents
· Appropriate $30 million for increased broadband in rural areas
· Implement a computer science requirement for high school graduation
· Increase sentencing for hate crimes
If you are unsure who represents you in the Arkansas House, we want to remind you about a helpful tool on our website. Simply enter your street address and zip code at https://www.arkansashouse.org/learn/district-map to find your representative and his or her contact information.
Several committees will begin meeting tomorrow. The House reconvenes at 1 pm on Wednesday.
You can find links to the agendas and live streams at www.arkansashouse.org.